Monday, June 5, 2017

Working hard in Bloomfield!

Hey Family!! I'm not going to do a weekly email because I just wrote a few days ago and I have a nasty head cold...but don't worry it's getting better! It sounds like you had an AMAZING week! I'm so happy you all got to share Brooklyn's baptism and Kohen's blessing with each other! I would have loved to be there, but I know I’m supposed to be here with these people! Everything in Bloomfield is going swell, Elder Tollefson and I are having a great time, just working on finding people to teach. It's a lot harder in the city, tracting is useless and a waste of time so we've been trying really hard to work with the members to find people. We're planning on having a "bring your friend to Church" day on July 9th where Elder Tollefson and I will speak on the basic doctrines of the Church and it will just be a day geared around that so hopefully that can generate some referrals too!
I love you guys!


-Elder Anderson


PS: To my dad

Cool story: So, we were teaching this lady the message of the Restoration, we'd never taught her before, and it was a pretty good lesson but still just wasn't catching her. The Spirit was there but not enough. We got to the part where we talk about reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it, and as I opened up the Book of Mormon I felt prompted to do something I'd never done before....
In my Book of Mormon next to Moroni Chapter 10:3-5, you wrote a small sentence next to them that said:
 "Ask, Jason this is how I found out the Church is true." 
I shared that with her and your conversion story and how grateful I am for it and the Spirit was so strong! Her whole countenance changed and the magnitude of the lesson was very strong. She committed to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it and even wanted to download the LDS app on her tablet. It was just a really special experience I wanted to share with you!
Love you dad!
-Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment