Monday, October 24, 2016

Amazing Week in Winslow!!

We had an amazing week down here!! The Lopresti's got baptized!!!! Oh my goodness it was so amazing to see the change from when we first knocked on their door to now. So I don't know if you remember me saying this, maybe I didn't, but Angela claimed to be an inactive member and that she was baptized when she was 9. We started teaching her family and it wasn't going anywhere because we had dates for the kids to get baptized, but the mom had too much anxiety and had an addiction to coffee and tea. Well, we did a search for her records, an intense search, and nothing came up. We contacted our mission president and he recommended her to be baptized again. So we came the next day and basically told her that and, "You have to start making commitments and the requirements for baptism too if you want to be baptized and with your kids." This threw her into gear. She quit coffee, quit tea, and renounced so many lifestyles; I didn't think it was possible for someone to do it so fast. Then she came to church that week and dragged her kids with her and she hasn't missed one week of church since. A couple months later, on the day or her baptism, we had the impression to search again for her records...the morning prior to baptism, under the same search, her name came up perfectly fine. I KNOW it was divine intervention, without it, goals wouldn't have been made, commitments would have fallen through and procrastination would have resulted in catastrophic damages on the Spiritual level to her family. We received a voicemail from her this morning and it was just music to our ears.
"Hey guys, just wanted to call and let you know that you and the Church have changed my life. You have been the biggest blessing to ever come into my family's life. For the first time I can feel the Holy Ghost in my home. I love you guys. Bye."
From the first time I met her with Elder Cranney, that voicemail was a miracle and it changed my life.
This week has also been full of personal revelation and I've had so many answers to questions answered through my studies. I have such a testimony that Heaven still answers. Early Christians stopped asking questions because they believed they had all the answers and subsequently plunged the earth into the dark ages. But I know through the Prophet Joseph Smith that questions have been restored to the earth, "ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you" I dare you to try it!

Love Elder Anderson








No comments:

Post a Comment