Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Damo'o Tsho!

Damo'o Tsho!
On Monday I went and picked up my new companion Elder Griffith and took him back to Winslow! He's great, he's from Morgan Utah and goes home in 3 months! I have no Idea why president keeps choosing me as the lucky one to get trunked out of my mind to send Elders home but I have faith;) Also, they re-split Winslow so I'm back to just the Sunset ward which is nice! And living with 4 Elders again is a lot of fun!

Well we've had another fantastic week down in Winslow, Arizona! I have to say...I'm pretty good at teaching the Law of Chastity after this week....It seems like every day I had to tell someone they had to get married and explain why. It's a bigger deal then it sounds, you've got this 19 year old who looks like a 14 year old telling them to make an extreme lifestyle change and how to live their sexual life...some people don't take to kindly to that if you do it wrong;) On top of that, thanks to our beloved government, it also means they lose welfare benefits that come from not being married. It's amazing people actually get paid by the government to live together and have kids but stay unmarried.....hmmm I'd say the devils behind that one. BUT
"....as the preaching of the word had a great tendency to lead the people to do that which was just—yea, it had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else, which had happened unto them-" the Spirit works through us and softens there hearts to accept this great gospel message!

We showed up to our investigators house, Jennifer, who(not surprisingly) lives with her boyfriend and kids, and the first thing she said to us was "I've thought a lot about what we've talked about and I want to get baptized." Inwardly your screaming WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!! But on the outside I have to contain my exposure to a "cooler" demeanor;) It was a great experience, she said she wanted to be Baptized like Jesus was, in nature, instead of in a font. I didn't know what to say or do and I prayed silently for help, the answer that came was 3 Nephi 11. In this chapter the Savior himself sets forth the logistics of Baptism, no where does he explain that its the Where that matters but the How and Why. We then read the beautiful sermon Alma gave at the Waters of Mormon on why it is so important to be baptized and what the qualifications were. Her heart was softened and she fully understood this beautiful Gospel ordinance and set a goal to be baptized on October 8th. My prayer and question was answered through the scriptures and so was hers.

Funny story, Jennifer’s 6 year old son comes in while were teaching her about baptism and goes "well I heard what you were talkin about last time so during my test this week I was thinking a lot about God So I decided to write God for my name and then God for the date, then just put God all over the paper....the teacher made me start over." then he turned around and walked out. Mind you he's barely 6, it was awesome!
Love you all!
-Elder Anderson


We went hiking down into a canyon exploring on an old ranch a member owns and found TONS of petroglyphs and cool stuff!


























No comments:

Post a Comment