Monday, August 22, 2016

I love my mission!

Well...being sick for 5 days sure put a damper on the week but we were still able to pull in 20 lessons!! On Sunday one of our investigators called us freaking out about her 14 year old son doing drugs and just a whole lot of stuff. Sometimes it's overwhelming because people think we're counselors and bishops or celestial beings but seeing as I was sick for half the week, I'm just as imperfect as everyone else in the world;) We were able to go over and teach a wonderful lesson on the Plan of Salvation to the family and her son too, but then she called us again that night and everything was coming down and she asked us to send a police officer over who's in our ward. Her son ended up getting arrested........soo keep that family in your prayers for sure!!

Goodness I love my mission so much, mostly just because of how much it's changed me. Like at home I would have loved to sleep in my bed for 5 days straight but it was KILLING me after just a day of not working. There is so much work to be done in the world and I can't afford to get sick again!! Next week we find out about transfers, but I'm pretty sure I'll be staying here in Winslow for at least one more. I don't think all my work is finished here yet. I really feel bad this email is so short but I literally was in my bed for almost 5 days.
I will say this, I think the miracle about a mission is the relationship you develop with our Savior. Growing up you learn to pray to God, learn how much he loves you, how he's our Father, and the plan of salvation. I loved it and still love it because it builds a relationship and foundation with God our Eternal Father. Missions are similar but different in terms of the Savior. I study his life, I try to be like him, teach like him, love like him. I feel so close to him when I'm rejected, or spit on or cast out for wearing his name. It's an honor to stand with him and teach his doctrine. I truly know he loves us and would do anything to save this world. He's here, his gospel is here and he's working very closely to assist his Father in bringing to pass the immortality and Eternal life of man. If I ended my mission with no baptisms or miracles or anything like that, it would still be a success for the conversion I have to our Lord Jesus Christ.

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!


Elder Anderson











No comments:

Post a Comment