Monday, May 16, 2016

My testimony from Winslow...

This one might be a short one because we're short on time today.
Well I survived another week in Winslow! Pleased to announce zero hospital visits for this guy:) On Thursday night I woke up and had a prompting to go outside in the middle of the night...which is a weird prompting as a missionary, but I've learned not to ignore ''random'' thoughts like that. I got up and went outside to discover a car had just crashed into a truck moments sooner, completely honestly I was really tired and don't remember a lot but I made sure the patient was stabilized and safely extricated before I went back to bed, being a trained medical responder has it's perks even as a missionary! I love all the funny random experiences you get on the mission. Like yesterday helping this old lady move all her stuff, Elder Cranny and I were carrying a duffel bag together and she goes "NO! That's my dead dog..." It didn't take us another word to convince us that we should probably set the dog back down...and walk away slowly....


The week was pretty great, nothing crazy happened, just lots of cool experiences, lots of lessons, new investigators, and tons of service!! I really really enjoy teaching lesson's because I have absolute confidence that the Lord will bless me and I'll have "..the power of God unto the convincing of men." I've seen this promise fulfilled day after day on my mission. We'll randomly get into a house, or someone will ask a difficult question and the human side of my brain goes "shoot....I have no Idea what to say" but the Lord always pushes me and just tells me to start talking. I've heard amazing things come out of my mouth and out of the mouth of my companions that I know are direct revelations from the Kingdom of God above to the person we're speaking too. As a missionary, if you remain worthy and obedient to the best of your abilities, God allows you to be His voice, His actions, His finely tuned instrument. A worthy missionary's voice becomes His voice, my doctrine is His doctrine, and my actions are His actions. My commission is to do what He wants done, to Say what He wants said, and to be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of this great and marvelous latter day work! How great is my calling! The AMAZING part of this is that it not only applies to the full time missionaries of the church, but it applies to every faithful disciple of the Lord that has taken His name upon them in the waters of Baptism! Don't fear, don't hold back, the Lord honors His promises and He promises to help YOU teach His gospel! In the words of Isaiah "...go ye swift messengers to a nation scattered....All ye inhabitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see ye, when he lifteth up an ensign on the mountains; and when he bloweth a trumpet, HEAR YE!" As Latter Day Saints we have a gift, a gift that only can and will be repaid to the Master that gave us this gift, by giving the gift to all others. I promise that if you open your mouth, the words of our Savior will come forth and convince all men that Jesus is the Christ, and that this work is real. I know Jesus Christ lives and is the Son of God and I leave these things with you in His sacred name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment