Monday, April 11, 2016

The work is going too fast to keep up with...

Ya'at'eeh abini! Ąąʼ haʼíí baa naniná? Goodmoring!! How are you all doing?? Man I have just really enjoyed this week, the Lord really kept us busy. So 3 or 4 months ago Elder Conrad and I started teaching a young Baptist couple with a one year old daughter, I loved them but because they just bible bashed we had to drop them. Well last week we got the impression that maybe we should try them again, then at church a member from the other ward walked up and said he wanted to go with us to the LIska's (that's there last name). So we were like...ok the Lord wants us back. So we prayed and fasted all week to have a miracle and success there, we'd never ever had the spirit or anything during a lesson over there. The spirit told us to teach them about eternal families. But we totally forgot to tell the member that...When we got there it started off as usual, them lovingly bashing us, and we lovingly telling them that they're resting the scriptures. Well I said a prayer inwardly and then the member just stopped them dead in they're tracks and started talking about Eternal Family's and bearing his Testimony. The room filled with an Extraterrestrial force so thick I thought it was replacing the oxygen, the spirit burned holes into every ones hearts, then I was able to bear testimony of the reality of Eternal Family's and was reinforced with just as much celestial power. I've never felt power like that, you could've physically feel the Celestial spirits hidden behind the veil but very presently there. They committed to read the Book of Mormon, come to church, and ask God about being baptized, it was a real miracle. I believe we'll be baptizing them within a couple months.

Then we have an entire family being baptized at the end of May! They're the Warner’s, and the first lesson ever with missionaries, one of the daughters cried while she bore her testimony that Joseph Smith was a real prophet. The reason Baptisms come in groups here is because of the rules that our mission has, they have to come to church 6 times before they can be baptized. I personally love it because it weeds out the wheat from the tares. Red Wilkerson's is the man I baptized 2 months ago, well because of this we'll be baptizing his daughter this week, His step mother is being baptized in Arizona, his nurse is being baptized with her family next month, and His step mothers granddaughter has been committed to baptism in Arizona too! All because of Red! It is such a blessing that the Lord is showing me the Fruits of my work already in magnificent ways!
I also had at the opportunity to watch and hear Red bless the Sacrament this week, I cannot believe the kind of Joy I am feeling down here, never have I experienced lows like I do, but never have I experienced the High's that go with them. It is a great blessing.

We got to take a road trip down to Farmington this week also! Elder Corbridge from the presidency of the 70 came and trained us which was AMAZING!! He taught us how to powerfully give people the "why" they want to join the Church. We drove down with 4th ward and stayed with the missionaries over Farmington 6, it was a trio and they had all served with me in the Durango zone so we had a blast. In 3 week Elder Cook from the twelve is visiting our mission too:) They basically have a GA visiting this mission every other month giving us new tools to use like pamphlets and other trials that the church will standardize throughout the world for all missions. I guess New Mexico isn’t just the testing sight for nuclear bombs after all;) I saw the Bloomfield Elders and Jumped on them, I told them to tell Sadie’s family that I say hi and I love them!! Sounds like my message got through!!! All in all...I just love this place, these people, this experience. It is life changing!!! 


Waiting for vehicle coordinator to call us back :) 




Service with Red! 




Farmington!!








No comments:

Post a Comment