Monday, April 25, 2016

Goodbye to the Rockies and hello to the desert!!

Well transfers finally caught me. In a million way my heart is torn in half, I'm definitely leaving a piece of my soul in Cortez Colorado. I'm so grateful for the opportunities God has given me here. The success I've had, the life long friends and family I've made, what a blessing. All in all I've taken 1.1 million steps in Cortez, passed out over 400 copies of the Book of Mormon, Baptized 5 people, reactivated many, and have been the instrument for the lord to work might miracles, what an amazing experience for me to be God's tool in this work. I give all the Glory and Honor to Him. My life will forever be changed by the people I've met here, with the blessing/curse of loving Gods children and he loves them, as a missionary, this goodbye was harder than leaving my own home. Because this is my home, an extension of it, so many people have loved me and supported me here. I feel like an adopted child into the Smiths home, I have like 10 new pairs of grandparents, lots of new brothers, haha the list could go on forever. I truly love this small town situated in the corner of Colorado, I will miss it dearly.
I definitely went out with a bang though, yesterday we baptized Hannah Wilkerson and Confirmed her a member of the church. Even though she has Cerebral palsy, her brain is very developed and she participated and answered questions, chose to get baptized, and passed the interview. Her baptism was such an amazing sweet experience, the spirit was there in abundance. We also taught more of our Spanish investigators with the McNeil’s to translate. It's a really cool experience for me because even though I didn't know what Brother McNeil was saying, the spirit testified of it, I knew he was bearing his testimony from the feeling I was getting.
So I heard the coolest story this week. I Muslim professor of ancient languages was invited to BYU to translate the Book of Mormon into the most correct form of reformed Hebrew Egyptian the world has (the language on the Golden plates). He explained that with every translation of a language, vowels and different parts of speech change a lot, like Spanish sentences are backwards from their English translation. Well when he was translating the Book of Mormon back to this language he was shocked, every vowel or way the words were organized fit PERFECTLY back into the reformed Egyptian. He said it was the easiest translation he's ever done because it was essentially already done. He basically through up his hands and went "there's no way someone could make this up" Joseph Smith lived waaay before all the research was made on Ancient Egypt. He was Baptized 2 weeks later.
We also met a guy that received a doctorate in Religion, he met with the missionaries for a few hours and just started crying. They asked him what was wrong and he said "you two punks just ruined 10 years of research and knowledge I have about God in 2 hours". He was baptized 2 weeks later:)
This mission has shown me Evidence that the Book of Mormon is true, but more importantly God has told me. I know it's true, it is the only explanation that this church still grows and builds by hundreds of thousands of converts each year on the shoulders of teenagers out of high school. I know it's true because they don't teach you in the MTC to prove it's true, all they say is, tell them to read it and ask God. Our whole work is based off of that, you will succeed if you get them to pray. And because the Book of Mormon is true, that means Joseph Smith was a prophet, and all his teachings came from God. By their fruits ye shall know them, take a step back and look at the fruits of this Church. I Love God, I know he's my Father in Heaven, I also love my Savior Jesus
Christ, and I will go wherever He wants me to go, I'll say whatever He wants me to say, I will follow Him. And he's taking me to Arizona:)
WINSLOW ARIZONA, HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!


Elder Anderson




































No comments:

Post a Comment