Monday, March 14, 2016

Transfers!

Transfers went by smoothly, Elder Conrad and I drove down to Farmington and he was picked up by his comp. I had to wait 4 hours for the transfer van to bring Elder Clarke up so I went out with the Tres Rios (Spanish Elders) while I was waiting. That was...interesting. I didn't here an English word for 4 1/2 hours.....every once and a while, I could tell they were making fun of me just sitting there and smiling :P It was cool though because you could still feel the spirit testify strongly no matter what language it was in. Elder Clark came up from the deep res....like DEEP res. Indian wells, and he hasn't seen a white person in 7 months besides the Elders. They couldn't drink the water there because they lived a few miles away from an old uranium mine...where the water came from....genius.

It has been stressful taking over the Area and training Elder Clarke how to interact with White people again;) It's been good though, Elder Conrad taught me well and I'm confident that I have the Area under my belt with the Help of the Savior. The work here is speeding up so fast. Because of Red Wilkerson's conversion, His daughter’s two nurses have accepted the Gospel, whose families have now accepted the Gospel. All have a goal to be baptized. It's cool to see the fruits of my missionary work already working miracles beyond what I had ever dreamed. I love this area with every part of my body and spirit. I work, live, cry, laugh and love for the Salvation of the people here. I've been praying to see them as the Lord see's them and Love them as the Lord loves them and man has it worked!!

So for P-day all the Elder's were shopping in Walmart and a Navajo wanted, no like demanded, to buy all of the groceries, $175 worth. After he did, he started yelling through the store, "IM SAVED!!!! IM SAVED!!!!!!!!" It was a fantastic experience for everyone in the store.:) I love the Natives here! So there are lots of them: Navajo's, Utes, Northern Utes, Hopi's and etc. It is so cool, the Hopi's have an ancient legend that their ancestors buried all of there weapons of war deep into the ground and then was surrounded by an Army of thousands......I about flipped out when I heard that!!!! They're such a peaceful loving people and after I heard that I KNOW a lot of them are Anti-Nephi-Lehi's. Crazy legends are everywhere like that, the Utes have one that if a certain huge rock falls over, that they're supposed to listen to the white people with a blue book. I honestly thought that one was fake until I confirmed it....I gotta find that rock and push it over.


All in all it was a great week, lots of new investigators. Great experiences and lots of laughs! I LOVE my mission!!













One of the first pictures from my mission looked like this, so "The Posterity Pic" is a tradition in my mission to take a picture with your trainer before they send you off. 
Haha it's weird....but funny and I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment