Monday, November 30, 2015

Heyo:)

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I ate at a member’s house in the other ward with all the missionaries for thanksgiving! They were from Winchester Virginia! Holy cow southern style thanksgiving was amazing!! This week was an adventure. We got more investigators from...you guessed it, the Toten Lake trailer park!! That place is literally gold for people that need to hear the gospel! One guy that we're teaching is getting baptized the day before Christmas, his name is Garry. He was in Toten Lake but he got kicked out and is living in his Van in the Walmart parking lot, so we're teaching him all the discussions in his Van at Walmart, It doesn’t madder where they are, the Lord provides a way for EVERYONE to hear the Gospel! So we were in an apartment complex in Delores trying to get a hold of a potential investigator and the spirit basically through me into this door...So I was like "Elder we gotta knock this one" well, he was about 30 seconds away from committing suicide. He had already downed so much alcohol I don't know how he was standing, and then he was going to take all of his blood pressure medicine. He literally just broke down and couldn't believe that God sent him someone to save his life. If I wouldn’t have been in tune with the spirit, he would have been dead. So the EMT side came out of me once I started to talk with him, haha. I gave him two options, we call the police or he lets us take him to the ER. He chose the ER;) wise choice...well it turns out he had an old record and ended up in Jail when the police came to take him home so now we're teaching the discussions in a van in the Walmart parking lot, the shady trailer park owned by the cartels and the county Jail:) 

On Thursday morning we went up to Durango for a zone conference....HOLY BEAUTIFUL. I wanted to cry when I saw people fly fishing in the river...it is a spectacular place. So the reason I had you get my guitar was because I was volunteered by the Mission Presidents wife to play at our regional conference:P So lets hope I'm still coordinated to make a sound come out of it;) I'm excited though, Christmas is coming up and that gives us a really good excuse to knock on a random persons door to share a message about Christ. I'm witnessing miracles, giving priesthood blessings that heal people and change lives, I'm truly a disciple of Jesus Christ and He is using me to perform His work. No one could get me to leave this place, the work is real, God lives, and the Messiah is coming again!!



No comments:

Post a Comment